challenges using Smartapi

• May I know what are the challenges facing by any individua using Smartapi Algo Trading .

Either some issues with Smartapi or some issues in implementing strategy or Technical analysis or spikes in the market or market sideways or it may be something else !

if everything is going all good then no respond .

if yes let us exchange our views for mutual benefit .

Thank You

Regards

Nagesh

• Hi @Mnagesh,

I am developing trade logic on multiple chart. My trade logic require to get OHCL data of 5 min live candle.
    getCandleData() method gives this data but it usually gives 20-30 second old data.

Can we get same method with live feed or if we improve getCandleData() method to get live data.

Any input will be really appreciated.

PS: i know alternative solution to capture live feed data and calculate OHCL value.

Thanks in advance!

• @Ashok order response=self.post request("api.order.place", params) ['data']['orderid'] FNO order place error how to resolve

• For me the biggest issue is

1. if there is a tech issue with the API no one is responding and the admin only responds after the issue is fixed and not while there is an ongoing issue.
    2. Saw your list of functions in another thread it was useful and I'm still exploring like trying to find if I can find the buy and sell spread in the equity market and such(and I haven't found it yet)
    3. I can't come up with a good strategy... I can combine few indicators and get the results sometimes it beats the nifty index but it doesn't beat the stock appreciation since some here are an actual algo trader would be great if you can give me tips on this

• I have just joined the api a month ago.
    So far, i have faced delayed response problem while working with 1 minute candle. i am getting ltp after more than one second.
    Sometimes it comes in the 1st second as well.
    I think as the more people starts accessing the api, the response time drops.

Another problem i faced is that it gets disconnected in between.
    I am trying to run a threaded loop, in which continuous ltp is obtained and various methods are executed. but i don't understand why it gets disconnected automatically after some time.

Any replies or comments are welcome.

Thanks.

• @Mnagesh

Hope you are doing good. From your handle I can understand that you are a full time trader, but still you are complaining about the nuances in the market.

Patience is the key. big or small, one can easily carve out a space in any challenging environment. I am not saying i do not have the hurdles, i am exactly in same boat, but need to adopt. In my opinion, if we could manage the risks, we can still make 1.5 - 2% ROI every month.

Trending or not, one trick Algo will always land you in red. a good cocktail of algo is the way to go.

BR,
    Ashok.

• @falconTrader I am happy at least your are interested in discussion. Most of the many are least bothered . Including @admin wont reply even if some technical issues were there or we brought it to @admin notice.

• @falconTrader said in challenges using Smartapi:

fascinated

yes U r right.

I am coming with newer versions or totally new new algorithms. But still I am facing lot of issues to survive.

work on any time frame or any algorithm more or less we end up with overall paying 75% minimum extra charges

example of nifty future trade 1 lot will end with some thing like this below.

Brokerage : 40
    STT total: 113
    Exchange txn charge : 34.21
    GST : 13.36
    SEBI charges : 2.12
    Stamp duty : 18
    Total tax and charges : 220.69

Nifty vary 10 point on an average .
    once in a while it may vary 40 to 75

if sideways i will lose many times even though loses are very less . But number of trades will be more .

It doesn't matter lose of nifty points. But every time I have to pay or lose additional 220 per lot . This will really makes me go down in long run !!!

The Govt should make some policies . Why should we pay them even for a loosing trade ?

I don't think this is there in other countries as per some sources .

• @Mnagesh ,

I have been trading in markets for a decade now having made a fair share of both profit and loss as well.

Even I was fascinated at first to see that SmartAPI is being offered for free. I realize now, that we are the mice who are lured out in search of cheese and we get painted as target out there.

And who is the beneficiary?

• Is it the boker, hell no. He is just a mediator. I would say he is no. 3 on this chain.

• Is it the operator who manages the markets by pumping/dumping money/ stocks?, Not really. He is the senior member on the chain. Say No. 2

• The real beneficiary is government who collects taxes and always earns no matter what, & how.

No matter what Smart algo we come up with, we will make profits & losses, but we won't get far with free stuff. The big bulls/cartels have more sophisticated algorithms / resources to punch orders and way faster than the mango (common) people. And this is a fact.
    We just got a Bullet, they got a Tank! 😀

• @Mnagesh

One More Biggest Hurdle is Tax and other charges .

In spite of making loses also we need to pay them.

overall 75% goes to tax and other charges and may be maximum we may get 25% overall if every thing goes well !😠 😠 😠

if some one relay on tips then even no one can save them expect God !

• @Mnagesh

Main challenges I am facing are :

1. Gap up or gap down opening - On that day the market goes sideways for sure .
    2. Range Bound or sideways
    3. Spikes are danger
    4. spike followed by reverse spike is too danger (Immediate next candle !)
    5. Most of my trade goes lose between 11:00 to 12: 30 in Nifty Future

signals works only in trending market.
    Trend occurs only once in a wile and remaining all 5 cases it goes lose !!!

• Each individual will face issue depending on their setup. Let me know if you need any help from me. So that i can help you to setup and execute.