Hi team,
I'm trying to fetch option Greeks for SENSEX using the optionGreek endpoint, and getting a consistent "No Data Available" error. Other endpoints (getMarketData for spot LTP, and the instrument master for strikes/OI under exch_seg BFO) all work correctly for SENSEX, so this looks isolated to the Greeks endpoint specifically.
Request sent:
URL: https://apiconnect.angelbroking.com/rest/secure/angelbroking/marketData/v1/optionGreek
Body: {"name": "SENSEX", "expirydate": "17SEP2026"}
Response received:
{"status": false, "message": "No Data Available", "errorcode": "AB9019", "data": null}
17SEP2026 is a genuine, currently-listed SENSEX weekly expiry (this Thursday) — I've confirmed this isn't a date-calculation error on my end. The identical code and request structure works correctly for NIFTY with its own current expiry date.
My questions:
- Is SENSEX a supported underlying for the optionGreek endpoint at all, or is it NIFTY/BANKNIFTY/FINNIFTY only?
- If it is supported, does it require a different "name" value than "SENSEX" (the same string that works for spot LTP and the instrument master)?
I saw a couple of older threads here about SENSEX symbol-naming issues on other endpoints, so wanted to check whether this is a related, known limitation before assuming it's something wrong on my end.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.