Exiting an order with order_id. (Reverse Order with order_id)

• Hi,

I place an order using the below code. It creates a new order, say order_id: 1. Now I want to exit this order_id(1). How do I do this? I can get the executed order_ids from Order Book or Trade Book. But how do I place a reverse order for a particular order_id. Every time I use the below code it creates a new order.
    I want to know how to close an exiting order using order_id or any other way to close and existing order.

Please help. Thank you.

orderparams = {
    "variety": "NORMAL",
    "tradingsymbol": script,
    "symboltoken": token,
    "transactiontype": BUY/SELL,
    "exchange": exchange,
    "ordertype": "LIMIT",
    "producttype": "INTRADAY",
    "duration": "DAY",
    "price": ltp,
    "squareoff": "0",
    "stoploss": "0",
    "quantity": quantity
    }
    orderId = obj.placeOrder(orderparams)

• @Meghavarsha said in Exiting an order with order_id. (Reverse Order with order_id):

Hi,

I place an order using the below code. It creates a new order, say order_id: 1. Now I want to exit this order_id(1). How do I do this? I can get the executed order_ids from Order Book or Trade Book. But how do I place a reverse order for a particular order_id. Every time I use the below code it creates a new order.
    I want to know how to close an exiting order using order_id or any other way to close and existing order.

Please help. Thank you.

orderparams = {
    "variety": "NORMAL",
    "tradingsymbol": script,
    "symboltoken": token,
    "transactiontype": BUY/SELL,
    "exchange": exchange,
    "ordertype": "LIMIT",
    "producttype": "INTRADAY",
    "duration": "DAY",
    "price": ltp,
    "squareoff": "0",
    "stoploss": "0",play tic tac toe
    "quantity": quantity
    }
    orderId = obj.placeOrder(orderparams)

It is possible to get the executed order ids from either the Order Book or the Trade Book. The question is, however, how to place a reverse order for a certain order id. Every time I use the code in the following section, a new order is created.