Error while placing orders

• Hello Team,

We're frequently receiving errors while placing the orders. The algo looks running smooth till the event is triggered. Once the event is triggered order placement fails. If we restart manually then it get's placed. Below is the error.

orderResponse= self._postRequest("api.order.place", params)['data']['orderid']
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Please resolve this at the earliest possible.

• Hello @admin and support team,

This is pending from few months and still no response. Is this forum operational?

• Hi @admin

I see different responses for different posts on the same issue. On one post it's said as due to wrong variety parameter and on another post it was replied as due to invalid session. Please clarify on this as I'm facing the same error regularly.

• HI @laxm

We have checked order placement and it's working properly. Request you to please review your code and order params.

• @admin @administrators @admin123

Can someone reply on this?

• Hi @admin, any update on this?
    Today received the similar error again around 3:14 pm. This is not for a ROBO order, but an 'INTRADAY' order with variety as 'NORMAL'. Please see the below screenshot of error.

0dd2636c-2768-4f53-8d9a-da57cdb375ce-image.png

• @admin Faced the same issue again today. Please solve this issue as soon as possible.

• Hi @admin, as stated earlier it doesn't work sometimes. Faced this issue again at 10:50AM today. Below is the error :

File "<string>", line 77, in <module>
    File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\smartapi\smartConnect.py", line 290, in placeOrder

Btw I'm using ROBO order.
    After the error if I restart the order goes fine. Please let me know what else is required from my end.

• HI @laxm

We have checked order placement and it's working properly. Request you to please help us the the steps to re-produce the issue.

• Faced the issue again today. Please see below error

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 79, in <module>
    File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\smartapi\smartConnect.py", line 290, in placeOrder

• Hi @admin, even i am facing this issue since 16 Nov. When first time algo places order there is error, but when i restart & try again, It works fine

• Hi @laxm

Please share more details about the issue.