Options trading

• Hi @admin , do we have options available to trade. I can see data in csv file and when I try to place order, it says "symbol not found" or "Failed to get symbol details".

If options are not available to trade, do we have any timeline on when they can be made available?

• @sandipkhairnar Thanks, it is working, however, it seems segment is not enabled for my account. Trying to reach customer service.

• Hi @dushyant,
    I think you are missing "duration":"DAY" in place order request body.

So try with below request, I hope it will be helpful for you.

{'exchange': 'NFO', 'tradingsymbol': 'BANKNIFTY07JAN2131400CE', 'quantity': 1, 'transactiontype': 'BUY', 'ordertype': 'MARKET', 'variety': 'NORMAL', 'producttype': 'CARRYFORWARD', 'price': '177.35', 'symboltoken': '43099','duration':'DAY'}

• @admin Today again I placed order with above structure and getting the below error:
    {"message":"Internal Error","errorcode":"AB2001","status":false,"data":null}

• @admin Hi, got the previous error fixed as it was a silly mistake, however, I am getting another issue that is 500 from server. Please take a look at the request and response objects

{'exchange': 'NFO', 'tradingsymbol': 'BANKNIFTY07JAN2131400CE', 'quantity': 1, 'transactiontype': 'BUY', 'ordertype': 'MARKET', 'variety': 'NORMAL', 'producttype': 'CARRYFORWARD', 'price': '177.35', 'symboltoken': '43099'}
    request sent
    data: {"timestamp":1609859790948,"status":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"","path":"/rest/secure/angelbroking/order/v1/placeOrder"}

Not sure if this due to the order placement after market hours.

• Hi @dushyant , options trading is allowed using SmartAPI.
    Please share a screenshot of your Placeorder request for checking.