Websocket 2.0

• Hello @admin and all,

Did you anyone managed to get Ticks via the new smartWebSocketv2 using python SDK. I only get Pings ans Pongs and no ticks.

on open
    In on pong function==> b'\x00'

It would be helpful to get some feedback from people who used it successfully.

Thanks

• @Karthikeyan this is not working
    please help

• @ashokkmr22 said in Websocket 2.0:

split.decode("UTF-8")
    return token

I tried this and did not worked. Can you please suggest alternate option?

• @vrkhyd

import datetime

timestamp = 1671097663
    dt_obj = datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(timestamp)

print("date_time:",dt_obj)
    print("type of dt:",type(dt_obj))

• @ashokkmr22 thanks for your convenience

• @rajanprabu same here now. any solution??

• @vrkhyd commented you on another thread

• @Karthikeyan
    @rajanprabu
    @ashokkmr22

Thank you for the fix,

Can you please help me to get time stamp in datetime format.
    'exchange_timestamp': 1668667371000.
    Also prices (OHLC) into their required formats.

Thanks in advance.

• Below code will work use it for time being

@staticmethod
        def _parse_token_value(binary_packet):
            token = ""
            token_data = binary_packet.split(b'\x00')
            for split in token_data:
                if split:
                    token = split.decode("UTF-8")
            return token

• @rajanprabu

Below code will work. Use it for time being.

@staticmethod
            token = ""
            token_data = binary_packet.split(b'\x00')
            for split in token_data:
                if split:
                    token = split.decode("UTF-8")
            return token

• @admin Hi @admin

I have updated the code like below to convert the bytes to string and I can see the response.

def _parse_binary_data(self, binary_data):
        try:
            parsed_data = {
                "subscription_mode": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 0, 1, byte_format="B")[0],
                "exchange_type": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 1, 2, byte_format="B")[0],
                # "token": SmartWebSocketV2._parse_token_value(binary_data[2:27]),
                "token": binary_data[2:27].decode("utf-8").replace("\x00",""),
                "sequence_number": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 27, 35, byte_format="q")[0],
                "exchange_timestamp": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 35, 43, byte_format="q")[0],
                "last_traded_price": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 43, 51, byte_format="q")[0]
            }

Got connected to server...
    on open
    Ticks: {'subscription_mode': 3, 'exchange_type': 1, 'token': '26009', 'sequence_number': 6346734, 'exchange_timestamp': 1668667371000, 'last_traded_price': 4245320, 'subscription_mode_val': 'SNAP_QUOTE', 'last_traded_quantity': 0, 'average_traded_price': 0, 'volume_trade_for_the_day': 0, 'total_buy_quantity': 0.0, 'total_sell_quantity': 0.0, 'open_price_of_the_day': 0, 'high_price_of_the_day': 0, 'low_price_of_the_day': 0, 'closed_price': 4253530, 'last_traded_timestamp': 0, 'open_interest': 31252900, 'open_interest_change_percentage': 4626580563041346420, 'upper_circuit_limit': 0, 'lower_circuit_limit': 0, '52_week_high_price': 0, '52_week_low_price': 0, 'best_5_buy_data': [{'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}], 'best_5_sell_data': [{'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}]}
    Ticks: {'subscription_mode': 3, 'exchange_type': 1, 'token': '26009', 'sequence_number': 6347286, 'exchange_timestamp': 1668667372000, 'last_traded_price': 4245150, 'subscription_mode_val': 'SNAP_QUOTE', 'last_traded_quantity': 0, 'average_traded_price': 0, 'volume_trade_for_the_day': 0, 'total_buy_quantity': 0.0, 'total_sell_quantity': 0.0, 'open_price_of_the_day': 0, 'high_price_of_the_day': 0, 'low_price_of_the_day': 0, 'closed_price': 4253530, 'last_traded_timestamp': 0, 'open_interest': 31252900, 'open_interest_change_percentage': 4626580563041346420, 'upper_circuit_limit': 0, 'lower_circuit_limit': 0, '52_week_high_price': 0, '52_week_low_price': 0, 'best_5_buy_data': [{'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 0, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}], 'best_5_sell_data': [{'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}, {'flag': 1, 'quantity': 0, 'price': 0, 'no of orders': 0}]}

• @rajanprabu
    not working

• @vivekjha05 Here's the changes:

token = ""
        for i in range(len(binary_packet)):
            if chr(binary_packet[i]) == '\x00':
                return token
            token += chr(binary_packet[i])
        return token

• Seems the token variable is not coming in the right data type, hence the issue. It did work for me with some tweaking, checking the changes that I tried :)

• @rajanprabu sir can u share the correct function so that we can use it? Waiting for @admin to correct it will take a long time for them as their support is very bad.

• Hi @rajanprabu , thank you so much for the fix. Request you to please raise the PR, I'll get my tech team to review and approve the same. Open source contributions from experts and loyal SmartAPI users like you will help us to maintain the SDKs. We are exploring few options on the support for SDKs and shall restore the support soon. Thank you for your contribution again.

• @admin and Team,

I had spent sometime in python SDK to see whats the issue. In the SmartWebSocketV2 file in GitHub (https://github.com/angel-one/smartapi-python/blob/AMX-3393-Smart-Api-Python-Library/SmartApi/smartWebSocketV2.py )

line 310 that is converting byte string to token is not working. If I simply comment it out and give the token number directly it can now print Ticks.

def _parse_binary_data(self, binary_data):

try:
                parsed_data = {
                    "subscription_mode": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 0, 1, byte_format="B")[0],
                    "exchange_type": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 1, 2, byte_format="B")[0],
                    #"token": SmartWebSocketV2._parse_token_value(binary_data[2:27]),
                     "token": 234876,
                    "sequence_number": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 27, 35, byte_format="q")[0],
                    "exchange_timestamp": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 35, 43, byte_format="q")[0],
                    "last_traded_price": self._unpack_data(binary_data, 43, 51, byte_format="q")[0]
                }

lines 353 to 360. This functions needs a re look.

@staticmethod
            token = ""
            for i in range(len(binary_packet)):
                if binary_packet[i] == b'\x00':
                    return token
                token += binary_packet[i].encode("UTF-8")
            return token

I could re write the function but I would request the team to have a look .