TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

• Hi @admin @angelbroking

Unable to place the algo orders. We are facing new issues daily and losing money because of your loop holes. Are you guys really working to provide a better algo trading platform or just loot the user money through brokerage. If the second option is your case then as an end customer we will need to reach out to SEBI and take the legal case. To just give a glimpse we have lost a lot of money due to your internal issues and without proper notification about the issue. Below are a few for your reference :

1. Fetching the OrderBook data fails.
    2. Not able to establish connection to the server in obj.generateSession()
    3. Implementation of TOTP without prior notice, as we have the open positions it has become very difficult to explain to the business clients about the auto square off failure.

Awaiting for a valid explanation about the functionality of Angel broking. Because of your loopholes I had to re program my entire code from R language to python and it seems like Angel broking is still not mature.

Regards,
    Sai Teja Reddy

• Hi @Reddy please check now

• Hi @Reddy We are checking this. Regret the inconvenience caused.

• Hello @admin @admin123

The api seems to break again. Can you please check the script. facing issues in fetching the data for Nifty Options.

resp = obj.getCandleData(hist)

The script is failing with ReadTimeOut error. Can you please look into this.

Regards,
    Sai Teja Reddy

• @T167171 I am also facing this issue. This is not with all stocks but for some stocks and random in nature. I got order id for AXISBANK but facing same issue with others. Unreliable and poor response.

============> {'variety': 'NORMAL', 'tradingsymbol': 'AXISBANK-EQ', 'symboltoken': '5900', 'transactiontype': 'SELL', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'ordertype': 'LIMIT', 'producttype': 'INTRADAY', 'duration': 'DAY', 'price': '1000', 'squareoff': '0', 'stoploss': '0', 'quantity': '1'}
    The order id is: 221111000785995
    ============> {'variety': 'NORMAL', 'tradingsymbol': 'DHANBANK-EQ', 'symboltoken': '11359', 'transactiontype': 'SELL', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'ordertype': 'LIMIT', 'producttype': 'INTRADAY', 'duration': 'DAY', 'price': '14.75', 'squareoff': '0', 'stoploss': '0', 'quantity': '1'}
    Order placement failed: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
    None
    ============> {'variety': 'NORMAL', 'tradingsymbol': 'PNB-EQ', 'symboltoken': '10666', 'transactiontype': 'SELL', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'ordertype': 'LIMIT', 'producttype': 'INTRADAY', 'duration': 'DAY', 'price': '45.5', 'squareoff': '0', 'stoploss': '0', 'quantity': '1'}
    None
    ============> {'variety': 'NORMAL', 'tradingsymbol': 'YESBANK-EQ', 'symboltoken': '11915', 'transactiontype': 'SELL', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'ordertype': 'LIMIT', 'producttype': 'INTRADAY', 'duration': 'DAY', 'price': '16.55', 'squareoff': '0', 'stoploss': '0', 'quantity': '1'}
    The order id is: 221111000786002
    ============> {'variety': 'NORMAL', 'tradingsymbol': 'SOUTHBANK-EQ', 'symboltoken': '5948', 'transactiontype': 'SELL', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'ordertype': 'LIMIT', 'producttype': 'INTRADAY', 'duration': 'DAY', 'price': '14.75', 'squareoff': '0', 'stoploss': '0', 'quantity': '1'}
    The order id is: 221111000786005
    ============> {'variety': 'NORMAL', 'tradingsymbol': 'IDFCFIRSTB-EQ', 'symboltoken': '11184', 'transactiontype': 'SELL', 'exchange': 'NSE', 'ordertype': 'LIMIT', 'producttype': 'INTRADAY', 'duration': 'DAY', 'price': '58.0', 'squareoff': '0', 'stoploss': '0', 'quantity': '1'}
    None

• I am really worried about the execution of Algo trades in Angel Broking. I have implemented the try catch exception for the clients and surprisingly the script was running fine for 2 clients and giving error for 3 of my clients.

@admin @angelbroking need your thoughts about the best practice of using Angel Broking.

• Hey @admin123 @admin @administrators

The issue still persists and getting the same error of NoneType object is not subscriptable. Can you just confirm if the platform is reliable for Algo Trading or not. If you have any suggestions on how to use the algo trading properly to get rid of such errors, it would be much appreciated.

• I'm also facing issues

01-Nov-22 05:51:46 - Exception occured while placing order for ticker: AXISBANK-EQ
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/a/Desktop/angel_st/src/main.py", line 354, in place_order_cash_mkt_sl
        mkt_order_id = obj.placeOrder(mkt_order_params)
      File "/home/a/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/smartapi/smartConnect.py", line 299, in placeOrder
        orderResponse = self._postRequest("api.order.place", params)[
    01-Nov-22 05:51:46 - Exception: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/a/Desktop/angel_st/src/main.py", line 354, in place_order_cash_mkt_sl
        mkt_order_id = obj.placeOrder(mkt_order_params)
      File "/home/a/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/smartapi/smartConnect.py", line 299, in placeOrder
        orderResponse = self._postRequest("api.order.place", params)[