Important Announcement: Change in Angel One Login Policy

• At Angel One, it is our mission to provide our users with a seamless trading experience. Hence, it is necessary for us to transition from older systems to newer and sophisticated ones to provide you a safe and stable trading environment.

We have revamped our login journey on desktop platform - (https://trade.angelone.in) and mobile app (Android & IOS) to a two-step login process allowing our users to login using their registered mobile number, SMS/EMAIL OTP and a 4 digit m-PIN. Users can also set up their biometric to login on the mobile app.

The change has the following impact on SmartAPI users:

New Angel One client wanting to use SmartAPI: New users will not be able to authenticate and trade with SmartAPI as SmartAPI authentication requires password.

Existing Angel One client using SmartAPI: Existing Angel One clients in possession of their trading account password can continue to trade with SmartAPI. However, if their password is expired or if the users have forgotten their password, they will not be able to reset the password.

We understand that this will cause inconvenience to SmartAPI users, but we are working on revamping the SmartAPI login. We will share the progress and communicate the timeline for completion on this post.

• @admin . Hi.. Do you have any solution for the error code': 'AB7001'-LoginbyPassword is not allowed?

• @admin
    I am trying to use M-Pin to access the API but I am getting the following error.
    {"status":"success","http_code":200,"http_error":"","response_data":{"message":"LoginbyPassword is not allowed. Please switch to Login by MPIN now.","errorcode":"AB7001","status":false,"data":null}}

• Where can i ask question i'm bit confused with ui of forum

• @admin It is not working that way. I am inserting my MPIN which use to login to Angel One web. But the same MPIN does not work here to generate session.

• @admin

Hi Admin,

I was not able to login by using python sdk with below code

{
    "clientcode":"Your_client_code",
    "password":"Your_PIN"
    "totp":"enter_the_code_displayed_on_your_authenticator_app"
    }

however getting the below error,

{'message': 'LoginbyPassword is not allowed. Please switch to Login by MPIN now.', 'errorcode': 'AB7001', 'status': False, 'data': None}

am i doing anythign wrong? pl advise

• @admin
    Iam a new User to SmartApi. Started today at 13th January 2023. When will I be able to access smartAPI. Please help.

• Dear customers,

After careful consideration, we have decided to extend the timeline for the discontinuation of password use for login from December 31, 2022 to January 2, 2023. We understand that some users may need additional time to set up their PIN or make any necessary adjustments to their login process. By extending the timeline, we hope to ensure a smooth transition for all of our users.

We encourage all users to replace password credentials with PIN credentials as soon as possible to ensure a seamless login experience. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We look forward to continuing to provide a reliable and secure login experience with Angel One SmartAPI.

• @vijayyande yes absolutely

• @admin
    Does that means instead of Password we need to use PIN for login through smartaapi

your doc says

Login Request
    {
    "password":"Your_pin"
    }

We use PIN instead of Password?

• Hi @admin, currently I am using below code to do login through the python code.
    connect1.generateSession(clientCode=client_id, password=password, totp=totp)
    Do I need to change anything here? Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Ravi

• @admin said in Important Announcement: Change in Angel One Login Policy:

he new login process will be MPIN based. We will introduce a new login endpoint giving our users sufficient time to migrate to the new login endpoint.

I'm already using TOPT based log in, but it is not allowing me to login for the last one week. It is not accepting the login with Client ID and Password as well, it says invalid user ID and Password. Can you resolve this issue?

• Yes @pari , it will work

• @admin So, instead of passing our password, we just pass our MPIN? With the Python SDK will this work?
    "obj.generateSession('client_code', 'mpin, 'totp')"

• HI Everyone, (@Ashok @mihirshah2500 @rajanprabu @Saidareddy )

We are excited to announce the launch of our new login service that now allows users to login with their PIN in addition to their password.

The new login service solves the problem of newly onboarded Angel One clients who were unable to access SmartAPI due to non-availability of the password, and also solves the problem of users who have forgotten their passwords and were unable to reset them.

Starting today, users will be able to use either their PIN or password to authenticate with Angel One SmartAPI with the existing loginByPassword API endpoint.

The request structure of the current loginbyPassword API endpoint is as below:

{
    "password":"Your_Password" OR "Your_PIN"
    }

Likewise, to set up the one time TOTP on https://smartapi.angelbroking.com/enable-totp to retrieve the QR code, users can either login with their password OR PIN . To learn more about TOTP and how to setup TOTP, please visit - https://smartapi.angelbroking.com/topic/2377/guide-to-secure-your-smartapi-account-with-two-factor-authentication?_=1670353255986

By the end of this month (i.e. December 31, 2022), we will be discontinuing the use of passwords for login, so we encourage all users to set up their PIN as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you enjoy trading with SmartAPI.

• Why Angel team shared this url path.

• @admin

Please send PIN via email as well. only mobile will cause lots of inconveniences.

• Hi @mihirshah2500 , We are working on the same with a sense of urgency. Unfortunately at this moment we cannot share the expected release date.

• When should we expect this new version of SmartAPIs to be available? I want to add my family member's account to this, but he just opened the account 2 days back. Want to add the account to SmartAPI asap.

• Hi @Ashok , the new login process will be MPIN based. We will introduce a new login endpoint giving our users sufficient time to migrate to the new login endpoint.