Release Note: Free Historical Data Access for Indices, NSE, NFO, BSE, BFO, MCX, and CDS with SmartAPI!

• We're excited to announce an expansion of our historical data offerings through SmartAPI! We've broadened the scope of our data coverage to provide you with even more valuable insights. Now, in addition to existing NSE stocks and NFO (NSE Futures & Options), you can access historical data for a diverse range of symbols, including NSE indices, BSE indices, BSE stocks, BFO (BSE Futures & Options), CDS (Currency Derivatives Segment), and MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange) — all within the same API endpoints. The best part? It's all available for FREE!

How to Use:

Accessing this expanded historical data couldn't be simpler. You can continue to use the same API endpoints you're already familiar with to retrieve historical data for this extended range of symbols.

Sample Request and Response for NSE Indices:

Request:

{
        "exchange": "NSE",
        "symboltoken": "99926000", // Token for NSE NIFTY50 Index
        "interval": "ONE_HOUR",
        "fromdate": "2023-09-06 11:15",
        "todate": "2023-09-06 12:00"
    }

Response:

{
        "status": true,
        "message": "SUCCESS",
        "errorcode": "",
        "data": [
            [
                "2023-09-06T11:15:00+05:30",
            ]
        ]
    }

Sample Request and Response for BSE Indices:

Request:

{
        "exchange": "BSE",
        "symboltoken": "99919000", // Token for BSE SENSEX Index
        "interval": "ONE_DAY",
        "fromdate": "2023-09-28 11:15",
        "todate": "2023-09-29 12:15"
    }

Response:

{
        "status": true,
        "message": "SUCCESS",
        "errorcode": "",
        "data": [
            [
                "2023-09-29T00:00:00+05:30",
            ]
        ]
    }

Note:

Please take note that the provided sample requests are shared for indices, but users can pass different symbols as needed based on the desired segment:

"NSE" for NSE stocks and indices,
    "BSE" for BSE stocks and indices,
    "NFO" for NSE Futures and Options,
    "BFO" for BSE Futures and Options,
    "CDS" for currency symbols, and
    "MCX" for commodity symbols.

Maximum Number of Days per Interval:

We're pleased to announce that we've resolved an issue regarding the maximum number of candles sent in one request. Previously, only 500 candles were sent in one request. We've now increased the limits, allowing you to access historical data with the following maximum days per interval:

ONE_MINUTE: 30* (restricted to 8000 records)
    THREE_MINUTE: 60
    FIVE_MINUTE: 100
    TEN_MINUTE: 100
    FIFTEEN_MINUTE: 200
    THIRTY_MINUTE: 200
    ONE_HOUR: 400
    ONE_DAY: 2000

Feedback and Support:

Your feedback is incredibly important to us. If you come across any challenges or have suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our dedicated support team through the SmartAPI developer forums.

We remain committed to providing you with the best tools and data to support your trading and investment activities. Thank you for choosing SmartAPI, and we look forward to seeing how these historical data updates enhance your financial endeavors.

Happy trading!

Important Note: Phased Release and Request Variability

We'd like to inform our users that we are currently in the process of a phased release for this historical data expansion. During this period, you may experience variations in the success of your requests, as some may execute successfully while others might not.

We want to assure you that this is a temporary situation as we work diligently to complete the deployment. We are committed to achieving 100% deployment and ensuring a seamless experience for all users by the end of the day on October 10th.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we enhance SmartAPI to better serve your financial endeavors.

• hi @Hitesh_Agarwal

Apologies for delayed response.
    For past six month of data for Banknifty option can be accessed via Historical Data API.

Thanks & Regards,
    SmartAPI team

• Hello @don,
    This API does not provide Open Interest info for now. Rest assured, we have taken this into consideration and will let you know once it is available.

Thank you

Regards
    SmartAPI Team

• Hi @foolord504,
    We do not provide historical data for expires futures and options contracts as of now.

Thank you.

Regards
    SmartAPI Team

• Hello @kishan9907,
    We do not provide historical data of expired F&O contracts as of now.

Thank you.

Regards
    SmartAPI team.

• @admin said in Release Note: Free Historical Data Access for Indices, NSE, NFO, BSE, BFO, MCX, and CDS with SmartAPI!:

you can access historical data for a diverse range of symbols

Doesn't this mean you need to provide a token mapping for expired options, futures?

For eg. if I want 1-minute candle data on 2020-04-03 for NIFTY|8000|CALL can you please give me example?

@admin This release unforunately does not help in backtesting at all! If one does not know what token number my desired contract is!

Can you please propose a fix for this? Perhaps, referencing by a symbol like BANKNIFTY06DEC2344100CE as in FAQ would help.

• @admin Is there a way that can i get openIntrest also in this api for nfo

• Hi!
    May Smart API assist to recover invester/trader's losses by algo trading platform at recorded historical datas, kindly, respond and work with my message.
    Thanks!

• @admin How can I get expired NFO contract's token number so that I can can fetch historical data for expired contracts?

• This means can I access Bank Nifty Weekly Options Historical Data, if yes then how many months of data can I access?