Live Market Data API - /quote Endpoint: Enhanced with 50-Symbol Bulk Fetch and 1 Request Per Second Rate Limit

• Dear SmartAPI users

We're gearing up for an exciting update to our Live Market Data API, scheduled to go live on November 17, 2023! This enhancement will allow you to fetch data for up to 50 symbols in one go, streamlining your workflow for more efficient trading.

Endpoint: https://apiconnect.angelbroking.com/rest/secure/angelbroking/market/v1/quote/

Request Type: POST

Key Highlights:

Bulk Symbol Fetch: Fetch data for 50 symbols in a single request, enhancing your market data retrieval capabilities.

Rate Limit reduction: The rate limit will be reducted to 1 request per second (1 rps), down from the previous limit of 10 requests per second.

Note: This represents a remarkable fivefold increase from the initial allowance of 10 requests per second, now allowing you to fetch data for 50 symbols in just one request.

Action Required:

To seamlessly transition to this improved experience, please adjust your code to align with the new rate limit of 1 rps.

New Request Structure:

{
      "mode": "LTP",
      "exchangeTokens": {
        "NSE": [
          "3045", "881"
        ],
        "NFO": [
            "35078"
        ]
      }
    }

Sample Response:

{
        "status": true,
        "message": "SUCCESS",
        "errorcode": "",
        "data": {
            "fetched": [
                {
                    "exchange": "NSE",
                    "tradingSymbol": "DRREDDY",
                    "symbolToken": "881",
                    "ltp": 5567.6
                },
                {
                    "exchange": "NSE",
                    "tradingSymbol": "SBIN",
                    "symbolToken": "3045",
                    "ltp": 588.35
                },
                {
                    "exchange": "NFO",
                    "tradingSymbol": "BANKNIFTY",
                    "symbolToken": "35078",
                    "ltp": 44766.5
                }
            ],
            "unfetched": []
        }
    }

Release Date: These enhancements are scheduled to go live on November 17, 2023! Ensure to adjust your code and rate limit handling for a seamless experience.

For a detailed overview of the original release, please visit the original forums post.

• @admin
    added this change to golang apis
    raised a pr

please check and add it to the api list

https://github.com/angel-one/smartapigo/pull/6

• hi @admin
    this is great but can you also add a request body to accept isin and return the ltp. we can default the value to NSE quote

• @admin said in Live Market Data API - /quote Endpoint: Enhanced with 50-Symbol Bulk Fetch and 1 Request Per Second Rate Limit:

@admin ,Requesting you to please drop whatsapp noticatation just like other messages,so that we wont miss any updates!

Thanks for the much needed update on Market Api

• @admin So, i was trying the 'getMarketData' module in python and i see that it is giving me a (b'Access denied because of exceeding access rate) Error even though i am not putting more than 5 request simultaneously. As per the documentation, it should be able to handle 10 per second.

Is the refresh rate for 'getMarketData' already reduced to 1 rps from 10 rps.

if so, i tried multiple tokens in 1 requests which again doesnt happen.

can you please provide me more clarity!

• @admin said in Live Market Data API - /quote Endpoint: Enhanced with 50-Symbol Bulk Fetch and 1 Request Per Second Rate Limit:

{
    "mode": "LTP",
    "exchangeTokens": {
    "NSE": [
    "3045", "881"
    ],
    "NFO": [
    "35078"
    ]
    }
    }

So, i was trying the 'getMarketData' module in python and i see that it is giving me a (b'Access denied because of exceeding access rate) Error even though i am not putting more than 5 request simultaneously. As per the documentation, it should be able to handle 10 per second.

Is the refresh rate for 'getMarketData' already reduced to 1 rps from 10 rps.

if so, i tried multiple tokens in 1 requests which again doesnt happen.

can you please provide me more clarity!