This is how a profitable position ends up losing due to unreliable SmartAPIs: Max retries exceeded with url: /rest/secure/angelbroking/order/v1/placeOrder (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError

• @admin @Moderator_1 @Moderator_2

Could someone please explain why I got this error while placing orders today?

Sequence of events:
    1 order was placed and it was Completed
    LOG entry: 2024-02-16 15:04:40,330 BUY avgPrice of BANKNIFTY29FEB2446600CE: 623.45 order_ID: 240216001663375 complete

The second order got the following error:

LOG entry: 2024-02-16 15:04:47,346 HTTPSConnectionPool(host='apiconnect.angelbroking.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /rest/secure/angelbroking/order/v1/placeOrder (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0F5F12C8>, 'Connection to apiconnect.angelbroking.com timed out. (connect timeout=7)'))

Client code: S382492

Note:

1. The failed order did not reach the portal at all. Had to exit remaining ones manually, with loss!

2. I have been using the same code block for last few days, and it was working fine, so its NOT a code issue.

3. It was only the 2nd order, thus rate limit could NOT have exceeded.

Please provide a proper explanation, and how to rectify it. Else I will have to switch back to Zerodha. Also, try answering my previous queries, which are still open without replies.

• Hello @projectSB,

Sincere apologies from our side for the issue. There was an issue with the python SDK which was fixed yesterday and the SDK was updated yesterday evening. Please update to the latest version of the SDK and this issue will be rectified.
    rest assured, we will answer all your pending queries in some time.
    Thank you for being an active SmartAPI user.

Thank you.

Regards
    SmartAPI Team